Unable to open JIRA after restoring database.

Nithin K March 16, 2014

I installed the new trial version of JIRA and was able to access it. Took the backup of old instance and restored the same into new.

Restore was successful. However now unable to open JIRA. Tried restarting JIRA service but without success.

Please let me know if there are any additional steps that need to be performed.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2014

What did you restore? Where to? What does the log file say?

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2014

I do not see any attachments

Nithin K March 16, 2014

() Please find attached log file.

Nithin K March 16, 2014

The attachements i include des not get added here. I used upoad.desc feature as attachments icon shows disabled.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2014

Are you hitting max upload size ? I think it's 10MB.

Try uploading to some file share site like Dropbox, pastebin or something else and paste a link or truncate the log file.

Nithin K March 16, 2014

Finally I was able to access JIRA. Looked inot the log and found that reindexing took lot of time.

Thanks for all the help.

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2014
  1. Please provide any errors you're seeing in the browser.
  2. Take a look at the atlassian-jira.log file for any errors and post them here, or just attach the log file so someone could provide help

Suggest an answer