Unable to open JIRA after restoring database.

I installed the new trial version of JIRA and was able to access it. Took the backup of old instance and restored the same into new.

Restore was successful. However now unable to open JIRA. Tried restarting JIRA service but without success.

Please let me know if there are any additional steps that need to be performed.

Thanks

2 answers

1. Please provide any errors you're seeing in the browser.
  2. Take a look at the atlassian-jira.log file for any errors and post them here, or just attach the log file so someone could provide help
0 vote

What did you restore? Where to? What does the log file say?

I do not see any attachments

() Please find attached log file.

The attachements i include des not get added here. I used upoad.desc feature as attachments icon shows disabled.

Are you hitting max upload size ? I think it's 10MB.

Try uploading to some file share site like Dropbox, pastebin or something else and paste a link or truncate the log file.

Finally I was able to access JIRA. Looked inot the log and found that reindexing took lot of time.

Thanks for all the help.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

215 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you