Unable to mark inactive to a Active workflow

Saqib Waheed October 19, 2014

Hi,

I am relatively new user of JIRA and found it interesting so far. However from last 7 days, I have been trying to mark one of my workflow as Inactive. 

Could anyone help me in this regard.

Cheers,

Saqib.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2014

It's not "marked as inactive", it's just a display telling you whether the workflow is active or inactive.  (I think the phrasing is weak here, I'd prefer "workflow is in use / is unued" because that does not imply any flags or settings, it just tells you what's happening)

To get the workflow to be inactive, you have to stop using it.  Look at the list of workflows, find the one you want to deactivate and you'll see a list of "workflow schemes" that it is in.  Now move to the list of workflow schemes, and you will find that one or many of the workflow schemes your workflow is in have one or more projects next to them.

You will need to go into each project and change them over to another workflow scheme.

Your other option is to remove the workflow from any scheme (that is mapped to a project) where it is used.

Suggest an answer