Unable to mark a project as "toggle project"

Navid Haghju December 17, 2014

Hi, 

I have downloaded the joggler JIRA plugin and been trying to configure it for a test run.

I have put in the API token but when I go to edit project and try to click on the "toggle project" drop down menu, nothing happens. As such when looking at the tasks, I am getting a message saying: "You do not have permission to time track for this issue."

Please see the screenshots attached.

API.PNG

proj.PNG

We are using JIRA v6.3.10

Regards,

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user December 18, 2014

Hi Navid

When you login to toggl with the user belonging to the API token: Do you see any projects? I tried with a free toggl account and it works for me.

Regards

Benno

Navid Haghju January 4, 2015

Hi Benno, Sorry for the late reply. Managed to get the button to work. It was due to not seeing any projects. Now, I can start/stop the timing from either the desktop app or the Jira issue. However, cannot see the time elapsed anywhere in Jira. Kind regards, Navid

Deleted user January 4, 2015
Navid Haghju January 5, 2015

Hi Benno, Thanks for the reply. I double checked and the time tracking it on. I noticed that if I start and stop time tracking from the ticket itself (using the toggle button) the time gets logged with no issue. But, when starting and stopping the task from the desktop app, the time doesn't get logged. When I start and stop the timer from any of the ways available (web, Jira and windows app) the status changes accordingly in all the others (which is the expected behavior), but only start and stop within jira itself logs the time to Jira..... Kind regards, Navid

Navid Haghju January 6, 2015

Hi Benno, I think I finally found the issue. It seems as though anyone who is trying to use the desktop app needs to be a project administrator (not only the main account used to setup the plugin) Does this sound right to you? Cheers, Navid

Deleted user January 7, 2015

Did you choose the correct project in the desktop app? It works for me, even with a non admin user. But I have to select the correct toggl project. Regards Benno

0 votes
Deleted user December 17, 2014

Hi Navid

Mmm, difficult to tell. Either the user that belongs to the API token you have provided does not have access to any toggl projects or this is a bug. Are you able to define the user mapping? I would need the problem reported in the log file to investigate further: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16121981

Regards

Benno

Navid Haghju December 18, 2014

Hi Benno, Thank you for your response. May I ask what you mean by "Either the user that belongs to the API token you have provided does not have access to any toggl projects"? The Jira user is the Jira admin account. The API token is from a free toggle account (for the same user). Regards, Navid

Suggest an answer