Unable to make the Custom field mandatory

AshishC January 11, 2017

Hi,

Could you please help me understand on how to make fields mandatory. I tried the below thing and that is not working

Resolution
  1. Make sure that the JIRA applications Suite Utilities is enabled under JIRA application Admin > Manage Plugins.
  2. Open the Workflow you need to configure in the edit mode.
  3. Open the transition that you need to configure: ...
  4. On the Validators tab, click Add.
  5. Select the Fields Required option and click Add.

Thanks

Ashish

ashish.chandak@blazeclan.com

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2017

If you want to make a field mandatory as you go through transitions, then you have the right instructions.  You need to add a new validator to each transition you want to check it's not blank on.

If you want to make a field mandatory at all times (from creation onwards), then the correct way to do it is do what Vladimir says.

0 votes
Vladimir Yakimov _Botron_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2017

Hi,

If I understood correctly what you need to do to make a custom field mandatory is:

Administration => Issues => Field Configurations and click the "Required" Actions option against the field/s you want to make mandatory.

Suggest an answer