Unable to login to new Atlassian Cloud UI

Michael Nikitochkin September 13, 2017

Few weeks ago, when I go to login page It requires to have google login page. But my email in jira is an alias and jira cloud could not find it, so i could not login anymore.

Please fix the login page to return feature login by username and password. And add ability to specify more than 1 email to the account and connect multiple google or github connections.

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2017

Hi Michael,

I see that the Cloud account that is associated with the email (which you are using to create this issue) does not currently have Google enabled.

If you log in and are being redirected to Google, this means that another instance has the account enabled on it as a Google account. We weren't able to find the email domain in particular as a Google domain. When you said you are using an alias, does it contain a domain alias? 

The way the system works if that if your email exists anywhere on another Cloud instance as a Google domain, then you will be automatically directed to Google. This may be what is occurring here.

It is possible to sync multiple Google domains, provided they are under the same GApps account.

In regards to your final request, we have a feature request open for that, which you can vote on and watch for any updates:

Let us know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Michael Nikitochkin September 15, 2017

Hi Shannon,

my main email is mn@pubnative.net, but I am using michael@pubnative.net.

Login to Google I use mn@pubnative.net.

When I visit https://pubnativegmbh.atlassian.net and input michael@pubnative.net, then I redirecting to Google. I input my credentials, and I am redirected back to Jira.

Wher I see next page: https://cl.ly/010N07442W1f

Here is text:

```

Did you use the wrong account?

Your email address mn@pubnative.net doesn't have access to pubnativegmbh.atlassian.net

We've all got more than one email address these days - are you using the right one?

If you're certain you should have access with mn@pubnative.net, contact your administrator.

```

also it could be that my previous email (2 years) ago was mn@applift.com used for Jira.

Thanks, Michael

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

Michael,

You had mentioned you are using an alias. Can you explain how that is?

1. mn@pubnative.net
  2. michael@pubnative.net
  3. mn@applift.com

Let me know which one is an alias of what, and what is the primary email address.

Is mn@pubnative.net being used anywhere else in the Atlassian universe?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Primary: mn@pubnative.net

Alias: michael@pubnative.net

Like Pavel Yurhcenkov likes this

Is mn@pubnative.net being used anywhere else in the Atlassian universe?

No

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
September 19, 2017

Hey Michael,

Upon checking mn@pubnative.net and michael@pubnative.net I noticed that mn@pubnative.net is associated with Google but michael@pubnative.net is not. Also, michael@pubnative.net has access to your Cloud instance but mn@pubnative.net does not.

The symptoms you are experiencing are the same as on this bug report: G-Suite associated with incorrect Atlassian ID

The recommended workaround is to disable, then re-enable G-Suite integration: Enable or disable G Suite integration

Since this could be a disruptive procedure, I recommend doing it during a maintenance window or off-hours.

Thanks,

Ann

Michael Nikitochkin September 20, 2017

Hi Ann,

I think this solution would not help Enable or disable G Suite integration. Because my email still would not be associated with Google.  Do you have button on user profile to associate user with Google ID? Or is it possible login via username and password?

Thanks, Michael

Michael Nikitochkin September 20, 2017

Hi Ann,

I have checked, we dont even have GSuit enabled.

Thanks.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2017

Hi Michael - I've returned to the office, and I am trying to find out from our identity team on which account had been connected to the mn@ email in the past.

I should be hearing from them within the next day or so, and I will keep you updated.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2017

Hi Michael,

Apologies for the delay.

The team has confirmed that somewhere another Cloud instance has claimed pubnative.com as a Google sync domain. We're looking into that to see what account it might be, but this is the reason you're automatically being redirected to login at Google.

Why did the G Suite integration change the email address of my Atlassian account?

As a workaround, you can try the passwordless login technique:

1. Go to https://id.atlassian.com
  2. Log out of your account
  3. When prompted to log in again, click "Can't login?"
  4. Enter the email address for the account you want to sign in with (in this case, michael@pubnative.net)
  5. This will send you an email with a one-time login that you can use to sign in without a password

Let us know how that goes.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Like Dave Liao likes this

Suggest an answer