Unable to login to Jira

Tanya Chaturvedi December 4, 2017

I created an atlassian account and installed Jira. But forgot the User ID for jira. Tried resetting it but not receiving mail. 

Please help.

1 answer

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

Hi Tanya,

Did you create a Cloud instance of Jira? If so, you can log in to your instance with your Atlassian account details. Resetting password will send an email to your Atlassian account email address.

If you're using a Server version, the SMTP server have to be configured and enabled to receive emails. If you lost your admin account, there's a backup from SQL procedure available here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/retrieving-the-jira-administrator-192836.html

Please note that Jira 7+ does not use HSQL anymore but uses H2 DB if you did not change it for another  db type.

Hope this helps!

Tanya Chaturvedi December 5, 2017

Hi Micky,

The problem is I am not getting the password reset link.. I created a cloud instance and is logging in from the same only.

Suggest an answer