Few users are getting the following error while logging into JIRA. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry, your userid is required to answer a CAPTCHA question correctly

Thanks

7 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer

Login as admin-click on administration-then click on users-then enter the user name those unable to login- then click on Reset Failed Login Count. once u reset ask the user to login with his credentials. hope this will work.

Thanks,

Jai

It seems your JIRA is set up with "CAPTCHA on signup" is set to ON. Please see here

Shravana,

Is this resolved?

Thanks everyone. This issue has been resolved.

I cannot login by admin user, it keep require insert Captcha, even I type correct, how to fix it.

Even after clearing cookies, I still cannot login as the admin!

Has this been resolved? We have the same issue.

Unfortunately, I never found a permanent fix or explanation.  I was able to regain access after clicking the forgot password link.

Okay, we cannot configure the email because we cannot login!

I guess I was just lucky I had configured the outgoing email before running into this issue myself.

you are lucky! We will try to do it from the backend....

Other than trying to restart JIRA, I don't think you have any other recourse but to contact Atlassian support.

yep, we have done it all.....multiple times.

I feel for you.  Good luck!

We resolved our issues.

Great! How? Were you able to configure outgoing emails?

Outgoing emails didn't work. Not sure why but we did hit EVERY brick wall! And are still working on additional issues with this project.

We updated the only user in the DB that had SYSADMIN priv, to have a new PW.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Wednesday in Jira

Make your Atlassian Cloud products more secure: our NEW admin security guide

Hey admins! I’m Dave, Principal Product Manager here at Atlassian working on our cloud platform and security products. Cloud security is a moving target. As you adopt more products, employees consta...

89 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you