Unable to login to JIRA

Kota Sreenivasa Shravana Kumar July 4, 2013

Few users are getting the following error while logging into JIRA. Any help is appreciated.

Sorry, your userid is required to answer a CAPTCHA question correctly

Thanks

8 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
jayasingh July 4, 2013

Login as admin-click on administration-then click on users-then enter the user name those unable to login- then click on Reset Failed Login Count. once u reset ask the user to login with his credentials. hope this will work.

Thanks,

Jai

Anderson Lameck November 5, 2020

can't login as admin. as the admin account itself is experiencing this problem

3 votes
tiendungitd October 14, 2016

I cannot login by admin user, it keep require insert Captcha, even I type correct, how to fix it.

2 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

It seems your JIRA is set up with "CAPTCHA on signup" is set to ON. Please see here

0 votes
Sumit Kumar April 28, 2020

Hello Team,

I have one user not able to login the atlassian having trouble with his account;

Link:- ttps://id.atlassian.com/login?application=jira&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fjcibtsitdm.atlassian.net%2Flogin%3FredirectCount%3D1%26dest-url%3D%252Fjira%252Fsoftware%252Fprojects%252FEIREM%252Fboards%252F194%26application%3Djira&email=jkchaka%40jci.com&errorCode

0 votes
Alex R_ November 29, 2018

Even after clearing cookies, I still cannot login as the admin!

Belinda Tinsley December 13, 2018

Has this been resolved? We have the same issue.

Alex R_ December 13, 2018

Unfortunately, I never found a permanent fix or explanation.  I was able to regain access after clicking the forgot password link.

Okay, we cannot configure the email because we cannot login!

I guess I was just lucky I had configured the outgoing email before running into this issue myself.

you are lucky! We will try to do it from the backend....

Other than trying to restart JIRA, I don't think you have any other recourse but to contact Atlassian support.

yep, we have done it all.....multiple times.

I feel for you.  Good luck!

Belinda Tinsley December 14, 2018

We resolved our issues.

Alex R_ December 17, 2018

Great! How? Were you able to configure outgoing emails?

Belinda Tinsley December 18, 2018

Outgoing emails didn't work. Not sure why but we did hit EVERY brick wall! And are still working on additional issues with this project.

We updated the only user in the DB that had SYSADMIN priv, to have a new PW.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2017
0 votes
Kota Sreenivasa Shravana Kumar July 7, 2013

Thanks everyone. This issue has been resolved.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2013

Shravana,

Is this resolved?

Suggest an answer