Unable to login self hosted server

Rave April 7, 2017

I downloaded and installed instance yesterday. Obviously I was not done, I am not able to login at all. There is one webpage that I am able to change passwords around, but I suspect it has nothing to do my instance. I un-installed and re-installed to no avail. At the end of yesterday I was working on the e-mail setup for the self-hosted server. I did not complete the setup. So, resetting my password is not going well.

Very frustrated already. I think this will be removed by the end of today.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

You have not explained what "I am not able to login" means.  Don't get a login prompt?  Blank or garbage screen?  Error message?  Refusal that your credentials are right?

What does the log say the system is doing (and, by the way, which product is it?)

Rave April 7, 2017

It was the " incorrect name incorrect password " on the basic Jira Software. I figured out my mistake. Wrong user name. When I opened the security log I seen my mistake. Jeremy Sanchez from support helped me. Many Kudos. So to correct my above statement, I had great help finding my glaring yet simple mistake. 

Suggest an answer