Unable to log into JIRA without Confluence Access

Richard Onyon April 15, 2014

We recently migrated to JIRA from Redmine. We are using Google Apps to access our JIRA accounts. We have 25 licenses for JIRA but only 10 for confluence. I'm able to log into JIRA if my user account has access to both JIRA and Confluence configured. However, for accounts that only have JIRA configured, they are unable to login. Once I grant these accounts access to Confluence, they are able to log in.

How do I configure these accounts so they can have access to JIRA but not Confluence?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2015

Hey there Richard,
maybe the directory of confluence has a higher priority or the configuration between the both of them isn't quite correct.
You need the global permission JIRA-Users to log in - I think the users haven't this permission (group jira-users in default)

Greets 

0 votes
Richard Onyon April 16, 2014

This is the error I see when users, who've been granted acccess to JIRA but not Confluence, attempt to login to JIRA using Google Apps.

Suggest an answer