Unable to log in to JIRA

Vinod Verma April 29, 2014

Hello,

I've downloaded a standalone version of JIRA and installed, I've launched the application through IE and Chrome but when I enter my username and password it says they are incorrect (but they are not). How do I check what the username is as the send username to email address does not work.

Many Thanks,

Vinny

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vinod Verma May 5, 2014

I'm not sure what the problem was, but a complete uninstall, reboot and re-install seems to have worked (could be something stored in the cache, but I can't be certain).

0 votes

Looks like the uninstall worked.... thanks for your help guys! :-)

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

Are you using an external database for JIRA ?

See if this article will help

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator

Hi Borris, I'm just using the locally hosted version of JIRA. this is my first attempt at using the product and have a evaluation licence

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2014

It's the same principles - you've somehow got the password wrong, and you'll need to reset it using the doc Boris has pointed to.

There's a small chance that you could have configured it in a way that it can't read its own passwords correctly (I've done that a couple of times, messing around with custom authenticators), but I don't think you can actually configure it that badly without messing around in the core settings - opening up properties files and changing them.

Hi Nic, Just had a read through the document, to be honest it's a bit more technical than I can understand :-S

I've tried a few things but to no avail, so I'm going to completely uninstall and retry.....

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2014

Well, if it's an empty system, that could well be a lot easier :-)

Suggest an answer