Unable to link bugs/issue to a story on the board

Nalin Goel January 22, 2018

Hi,

I am setting up JIRA for my organization. While doing a trial run I realized that while I am able to create a bug/issue but I am not able to link it to the story created by some other contributor. I am one of the admins.

I checked on:

- Link Issue permissions and added Administrator group 

- Edit Issue permission and added Administrator group 

But I am still not able to do it. Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

Do those two issues belong to the same project?

Otherwise you might need to check the relevant permissions in both projects.

If that's not the case, I assume you are trying to link both issues by clicking on More > Link from the issue detail view of one of them, aren't you?

What's the point in which you cannot advance anymore? Are there any errors being shown?

Nalin Goel January 22, 2018

Thanks for replying Ignacio.

Yes. These two issues belong to same project. I am the JIRA admin and hence have Admin permission for the Project.

I am trying to link the issue by opening up the issue and clicking on link button.

My problem is that I am not able to see the stories that someone else has created , in the selection dropdown, hence cannot link the issue with those stories. No error is being shown.

Looking forward for your help. TIA.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

May you check if you can actually enter the issue detail view of issues created by others?

If so, may you try entering the issue key (ie: FOO-57) into the issue field that appears on clicking on Link option?

Nalin Goel January 31, 2018

Thanks Ignacio.

"If so, may you try entering the issue key (ie: FOO-57) into the issue field that appears on clicking on Link option?"

This ^ ^ worked.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2018

YW!

By the way, you might also want to add jira-administrators group to all Global Permissions, if they weren't already set:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/managing-global-permissions-938847142.html

Suggest an answer