Unable to link Crucible review to Jira issue (completely)

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

When I try to link a review to a JIRA ticket (1 on the screenshot) I get the following error message:

Exception encountered while contacting JIRA Server GUIDE JIRA: No permission to perform operation.

I have checked:

• all settings according to this document
  • I have removed and recreated all Application Links according to this document
  • FishEye/Crucible and JIRA are linked as Trusted Applications (both ways), tried OAuth as well

Used versions: JIRA 5.1.7, FishEye/Crucible 2.8.2

My user is in a global administrator group, the group is configured as Administrator, Developer and User in JIRA, I can do everything when I'm using JIRA directly.

After putting the issue ID in the review title (2) it became a link in the review view and showed up as "link to" in the review edit screen (3), but not in the way displayed in the documentation, the details are missing. Also still missing are the links to Create Issue as subtasks in JIRA, but the review shows up in the Reviews tab of the JIRA issue.

The only lines appearing in the log files when I click on "Link" are:

==> jira/log/atlassian-jira-security.log <==

2012-11-01 11:13:06,592 http-8080-8 anonymous 673x565x1 - 192.44.35.95,127.0.0.1 /rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2 HttpSession created [1jyqhq9]
2012-11-01 11:13:06,601 http-8080-8 geschnei 673x565x1 1jyqhq9 192.44.35.95,127.0.0.1 /rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2 HttpSession [1jyqhq9] destroyed for 'geschnei'

==>fisheye/ var/log/fisheye-error-2012-11-01.log <==

2012-11-01 11:13:06,609 WARN [btpool0-49 ] fisheye.app com.cenqua.crucible.hibernate.TxHelper-rollbackTxIfNotCommitted - Rolled back transaction

==> fisheye/var/log/fisheye.out <==

2012-11-01 11:13:06,609 WARN - Rolled back transaction

I have the strong suspicion that my JIRA permissions are ignored when Crucible tries to establish a link to the ticket.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2013

I just tried to recreate the problem with Jira 6.0.4 and Crucible 3.0.3. It seems to be fixed by now, so I'll close this question.

1 vote
Tom Towkach October 31, 2012

Did you logged into each system as the user you created before trying the integration or are using for thie integration? I think there' san issue if you have not.

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2012

Yes, I am logged in to both JIRA and FishEye/Crucible with the same user. But I don't think that should be nessecary.

0 votes
Tini Good
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2012

Re: missing are the links to Create Issue as subtasks in JIRA

There are some known limitations to linking from Crucible to JIRA Issues. For instance, if the linked JIRA project has a required custom field when creating a new Issue, then the Crucible link won't work, because Crucible can only recognize default JIRA Issue fields. Be sure to look here for more info:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHKB/Error+creating+subtask+in+JIRA+-+Unknown+error+creating+subtask+for+issue+ABC-1234+-+null?utm_source=SAC&utm_medium=hercules-issue-view&utm_content=374647

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 1, 2012

There are some custom fields added by GreenHopper and Bonfire, but the only required fields are "Issue Type", "Reporter" and "Summary" which are, as far as I know, all default fields.

Suggest an answer