Unable to install apps on Jira Cloud

Prashant S May 30, 2022

Hello All,

I am unable to install apps on Jira Cloud. I checked all the permissions and it looks good. Whenever I am trying to install the app I am getting below error:

We ran into a little trouble It might just be a hiccup. Try again in a bit.

Any suggestions???

Regards
PS

3 answers

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2023

Sorry to cross-post this but people get this problem again and again...

There's a variety of reasons that this pretty generic message is displayed.

I wrote up an article which covers most of the various reasons that this happens here:
Error message on app install – We ran into a little trouble / It may just be a hiccup 

– David 

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 30, 2022

Hi @Prashant S

welcome to the community. Please check your payment method:

If the installation is taking a long time and/or ends in Jira showing an indefinite error message (along the lines of "We ran into a little trouble. It might just be a hiccup.") this is often due to a missing or invalid payment method. Even though the [app] trial is (and even your Jira trial or plan might be) free, Atlassian requires a valid payment method to be on file in order to start trials of third-party apps.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Antonio Gil Coto November 28, 2022

I am having a similar issue to Prashant and after add the payment method and some billing details I am still getting the error ... 

The only thing I didn't inform was the Tax ID, since I don't have one

Any other idea?

Thank you very much

Marketplace Partner
November 28, 2022

Hi @Antonio Gil Coto

if it's not the above, it may be an issue with the particular app. Did you try reaching out to the app vendor about it?

Best,

Hannes

Thank you @Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira 

Yes, I reached out Xray and they told me to get in contact with Atlassian ...

Marketplace Partner
November 28, 2022

Cool - please keep us posted on how Atlassian resolves this; future readers will appreciate :)

Oh, shit!! I was randomly chosen to use the new Atlassian Billing platform (Nov-Dec 2022) and it is still on works and it doesn't allow third party apps yet!!!

Yes, just it is plain just what you have read

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2022

Hi @Prashant S 

May be try again after some time or raise a support request.

Ravi

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events