Unable to install JIRA on cloud Platform-as-a-service

Arvind Chari January 8, 2013

Hello all,

To install a web app (like JIRA) into the AppFog cloud platform, a user first needs to install the web app locally, and then push it to cloud.

Now, I tried installing JIRA using the WAR version-- however this requires the full path to folder containing JIRA to be specified as a parameter. The problem is that in AppFog such a fixed path cannot be defined.

Hence please let me know how I can install/deploy JIRA (and its plugins viz BonFire, GrassHopper, Stash) locally, without needing to specify full path, and using an SQL Azure database- so that later I can push the code to AppFog cloud.

Thanks,

Arvind.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2013

Hi Arvind,

If you can't specify the full path, then it's likely that you won't be able to install JIRA in AppFog cloud as this is one of the requirements for it.

Cheers,

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Is it possible to use a link instead of an actual path so that you can have the same path in both your local and cloud setup? (while I didnt understand what you meant by 'push it to the cloud' after local installation.

Suggest an answer