Unable to increase the memory of Jira Service for Re-indexing

Hi,

I need to increase the memory of Jira Service in the Services for Re-indexing but I am unable to do it. It requires copying the Path to Executable "D:\Jira 6.1\Atlassian\JIRA\bin\tomcat7w.exe //ES//JIRA" into cmd and change the memory size. But it says D:\Jira is not recognized command, is it because of the space between Jira and 6.1 in the path and also there is a dot between 6 and 1. Please help.

Thanks,

Rohan

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Rohan,

Have you tried increasing the memory through the windows registry?

Search for "Setting Properties for Windows Services via the Windows Registry" in this document

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Increasing+JIRA+Memory

Hi Rohan,

Not if you have installed JIRA as a service.

Hi Bhushan,

Thanks. Can I increase the memory size of the Jira instance by opening the file setenv.bat and increasing the values of attributes 'set JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY= and set JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY= ' as mentioned in the link ?

Thanks,

Rohan

Yes Bhushan. I have installed Jira as a Service. Any Alternate solution please? Earlier I used to increase memeory size by copying the Path to Executable from Jira Service, in this case, D:\Jira 6.1\Atlassian\JIRA\bin\tomcat7w.exe //ES//JIRA into cmd and on hitting enter a window gets opened where in I could increase the memory size. But now I am getting D:\Jira is not recognized command in the cmd prompt. Can I rename the folder to Jira61 and remove the service and then install the service again and then try to run the cmd to increase memory size?

Thanks,

Rohan

Have you tried "D:/JIRA 6.1/Atlassian/JIRA/bin/tomcat7w.eve" //ES//JIRA

Notice the quotes

Rule 1: Don't use spaces in any folder ;)

Bhushan,

Thanks a lot. It worked, will never use space and dots again in future.

glad it worked. also, check out www.jiradev.com if your interested in plugin development. and pls mark the question answered :)

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi

Why dont you log into the server which has jira installed, go to the folder which has tomcat7w and type the command

tomcat7w //ES//JIRAxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Another thing to note is that, if you are on 32 bit system then there is caping on how much memory you can allot to jira. I think it is around 1.2 GB, even if your system RAM is available then also on 32 bit you cannot allot more than 1.2 gb to jira.

Rahul

wow. Simple yet awesome. Thanks Rahul.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

97 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you