Unable to import space

DanielB March 27, 2014

I have an export from another JIRA account which I want to import to mine. When I import the space, it just imports first page

3 answers

0 votes
Vijay Jayaram March 30, 2014

After logging in, I go to Confluence Admin

I click on Import Spaces

Then I click on Browse and select the exported file (Zip file)

Clicked Import.

It takes some time and says its finished

When I open the space, I just see one file.

As you mentioned in your earlier comment, it does not ask me to select a page.

0 votes
Vijay Jayaram March 30, 2014

Looks like, the images did not go through. Please share your email and I can foward the images.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2014

I'm afraid this doesn't make sense. Jira doesn't have "spaces" or "pages" it has "projects" and "issues". Confluence is the one with spaces, but you've not mentioned it. So, please clarify what exactly are you trying to export and import?

Vijay Jayaram March 28, 2014

Hello Nic,

The place I am at was the confluence and I was unable to import data from one of the exports I have.

Thanks

Vijay

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2014

There's no way of knowing if your problem is even vaguely related to Daniel's

Vijay Jayaram March 28, 2014
Nic, Daniel is my manager and we are working on the same issue. Instead of pointing out errors in the question, would appreciate if you can call us on Monday and fix it for us. 7245396930
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2014

Right, so is it definitely Confluence and not Jira?

What versions are the source and target confluences? Are there any errors? Have you checked the permissions and restrictions after import? What are you exporting (last time I got this sort of error in a confluence import, it turned out I'd only ticked one page for export)

Vijay Jayaram April 1, 2014

After logging in, I go to Confluence Admin

I click on Import Spaces

Then I click on Browse and select the exported file (Zip file)

Clicked Import.

It takes some time and says its finished

When I open the space, I just see one file.

As you mentioned in your earlier comment, it does not ask me to select a page.

Vijay Jayaram April 8, 2014

Any update on this? Please let me know.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 8, 2014

What versions are the source and target confluences? Are there any errors? Have you checked the permissions and restrictions after import? What are you exporting (last time I got this sort of error in a confluence import, it turned out I'd only ticked one page for export)

Suggest an answer