Unable to import data into JIRA server

QA Practices January 15, 2018

Hi,

I am currently looking to migrate and merge two cloud instances into one. For this to work i am migrating my cloud instances into server. However, i am unable to migrate my first instance into server as i keep running into this error

Error importing data: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericEntity.setString] "textvalue" is not a field of

Any idea what is causing this and how I can get past it. Need help URGENTLY PLEASE !!!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipevsw
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2018

This is actually the correct bug report for this problem: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-16556

As the workaround on the bug report suggests, we would need to go to the source Jira Cloud instance and generate a new backup file making sure to select the "Create backup for server" option.

0 votes
Tom Thompson July 7, 2022

This is basically making Jira Cloud backups useless.  I can't restore it in the cloud or server.  

And creating a new backup is NOT a very good answer.  In fact, it is a terrible answer as I need data that was inadvertently deleted from our Cloud Jira version.  

So I took a backup about a month ago, but now way to restore it... lol

0 votes
Aleksandr Paren March 2, 2022

In the workaround https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-16556 has desicion

Once the above XML file is generated, you can double-check the file, opening it with a text editor, and find the following line:

___ Exported for ___________________________

for                                           : server

Finally I have two file:

• activeobjects.xml
  • entities.xml

Where this line can be found?

0 votes
Deleted user April 5, 2018

Any news in this case? We've hit the same problem

Felipevsw
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2018

As the workaround in the bug report suggests, you would need to go to the source Cloud instance and generate a new backup, making sure to select the "Create backup for server" option.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

Could you provide full message with error?

Carl Solomon January 16, 2018

Hi Vasiliy,

Attached are the application-JIRA. logs.

Is there anything else that you require?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Hi Vasiliy

Here is the entire error message

2018-01-16 10:35:43,138 JiraImportTaskExecutionThread-1 ERROR anonymous 634x15x1 mb8i8z 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /secure/SetupImport.jspa [c.a.j.bc.dataimport.DefaultDataImportService] Error importing data: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericEntity.setString] "textvalue" is not a field of
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericEntity.setString] "textvalue" is not a field of
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntity.setString(GenericEntity.java:364)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.OfbizImportHandler.endElement(OfbizImportHandler.java:528)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.security.xml.RestrictedXMLReader.parse(RestrictedXMLReader.java:103)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultDataImportService.parseXmlAndValidateBackupData(DefaultDataImportService.java:397)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultDataImportService.doImport(DefaultDataImportService.java:297)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.setup.DataImportAsyncCommand.call(DataImportAsyncCommand.java:60)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.setup.DataImportAsyncCommand.call(DataImportAsyncCommand.java:28)
at com.atlassian.jira.task.ImportTaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(ImportTaskManagerImpl.java:157)
at com.atlassian.jira.task.ImportTaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(ImportTaskManagerImpl.java:133)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Here are the entire logs

JIRA Logs

Mathy February 22, 2018

It seems you are not the only one having this issue, while researching the very same for a customer I came across this post and this bug report:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-16576

Suggest an answer