Unable to import data into JIRA server

Hi,

I am currently looking to migrate and merge two cloud instances into one. For this to work i am migrating my cloud instances into server. However, i am unable to migrate my first instance into server as i keep running into this error

Error importing data: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericEntity.setString] "textvalue" is not a field of

Any idea what is causing this and how I can get past it. Need help URGENTLY PLEASE !!!

3 answers

1 accepted

This is actually the correct bug report for this problem: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-16556

As the workaround on the bug report suggests, we would need to go to the source Jira Cloud instance and generate a new backup file making sure to select the "Create backup for server" option.

0 vote
Vasiliy Zverev Community Champion Jan 15, 2018

Could you provide full message with error?

Hi Vasiliy,

Attached are the application-JIRA. logs.

Is there anything else that you require?

Hi Vasiliy

Here is the entire error message

2018-01-16 10:35:43,138 JiraImportTaskExecutionThread-1 ERROR anonymous 634x15x1 mb8i8z 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /secure/SetupImport.jspa [c.a.j.bc.dataimport.DefaultDataImportService] Error importing data: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericEntity.setString] "textvalue" is not a field of
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: [GenericEntity.setString] "textvalue" is not a field of
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntity.setString(GenericEntity.java:364)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.OfbizImportHandler.endElement(OfbizImportHandler.java:528)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.security.xml.RestrictedXMLReader.parse(RestrictedXMLReader.java:103)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultDataImportService.parseXmlAndValidateBackupData(DefaultDataImportService.java:397)
at com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.DefaultDataImportService.doImport(DefaultDataImportService.java:297)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.setup.DataImportAsyncCommand.call(DataImportAsyncCommand.java:60)
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.setup.DataImportAsyncCommand.call(DataImportAsyncCommand.java:28)
at com.atlassian.jira.task.ImportTaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(ImportTaskManagerImpl.java:157)
at com.atlassian.jira.task.ImportTaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(ImportTaskManagerImpl.java:133)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Here are the entire logs

JIRA Logs

It seems you are not the only one having this issue, while researching the very same for a customer I came across this post and this bug report:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-16576

Any news in this case? We've hit the same problem

As the workaround in the bug report suggests, you would need to go to the source Cloud instance and generate a new backup, making sure to select the "Create backup for server" option.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

135 views 5 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you