Unable to import comment author when importing CSV file

Sri Ranjan December 16, 2012

I am trying to import below CSV file to Jira 4.2 but comment author is not getting imported all comments are comming on importer's name(my name).

Assignee, Summary, Description, Comment,Created Date
abc, "Issue demonstrating the CSV attachment import", " "Tester Notes: abc: 11/27/12 10:36:14 AM: Sufficiently tested attempting demos.","11/27/12 10:36:14 AM"
xyz "CSV attachment import with timestamp,author and filename", " ", "Tester Notes: xyz: 11/27/12 10:36:14 AM: Sufficiently tested attempting demos.","11/27/12 10:36:14 AM"

6 answers

0 votes
Sarah Schwanbeck December 27, 2012

Sri,

We're using the on-demand version of Jira -- so it's the "latest and greatest".

Sarah

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2012

The comment format is "date; author; comment". Can you confirm this?

While I am not sure about the error, you appear to be in very old version of JIRA. The importer has undergone lot of feature and bug corrections and to use the latest one you need to also upgrade to 5.x. This may help.

EDIT: This answer is for Sri Ranjan.

0 votes
Sarah Schwanbeck December 18, 2012

Thanks Dave! I followed the kb article, but still didn't get my comments imported properly -- so I've filed a support ticket.

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2012

Hi Sarah and Sri,

I think I came across a Knowledge Base article that might address the problems you're both seeing. If you check out this article in the JIRA KB, it has comments and resolutions for both errors.

If you're still seeing problems after that, I would suggest filing a ticket with Support!

Thanks,

-dave

0 votes
Sarah Schwanbeck December 17, 2012

I have the same issue; have found the documentation to be conflicting -- where one example shows the 'comment type' and another doesn't in the format of the comment to be imported. Error is always the same -- couldn't parse date, no matter what date string format I use.

Please publish detailed info on the format expected for comment import.

0 votes
Sri Ranjan December 17, 2012

can someone please help..

Suggest an answer