Unable to get the Components Field to show on my Issues

Robin Hill November 8, 2019

I have the new JIRA in the cloud, I recently added 2 components via project settings. 

1.  When I click on the Components from the Left Hand Side, I see them, but they have 0 issues. 

2.  When I click on an Issue -> as it is loading, I see Components = none and then the field disappears.  And on the show more fields on the left -> it does not appear. 

3.  In the new editor, I see Component in the "Context Section" and it is not a "Hidden Field". 

Please assist

1 answer

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2019

Hi @Robin Hill ,

It looks that no issues have components value in jira project. Please create issue with field value for component field as shown in below screenshot. Post creation you will be able to see issues in component section for sidebar.

createone.png

Thanks,

Avinash

Robin Hill November 11, 2019

Avinansh,  thank you for the reply.   See screenshots,  it won't even let me fill in the Components fields.      I have it in the "Contexts" but it is ignored in the issue.....

component 1.PNGcomp 2.PNG

Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2019

Hi @Robin Hill ,

Can you check all fields are enabled in Configure fields of create issue. Please refer below screenshot for your reference.

components1.png

Also click on where is my field and select component field. It should gives where it missing.

component2.pngcomponent3.png

Thanks,

Avinash

Robin Hill November 11, 2019

Hi Avinash,  again, I am in the Cloud version, and this is what I get when I go to old view -> configure,   the Component does not show up and it doesn't give me a "where is my field option".    Component 3.PNG

When I click "configure" in the new view,  I do see Component under 'Context' but it does not show on the issue............Is this a bug in the new Editor for JIRA Cloud? 

component 4.PNG

Suggest an answer