Unable to find voter option on my Jira issue layout

Arpita January 23, 2020

Hey, 

I have the voting feature enabled for my project but when I try to edit my issue layout I can't seem to find it. 

I have added vote in the board settings => issue details view 

I have added vote in the board settings => card layout 

But I still don't see it on my JIRA tickets.  

I tried to go to configure fields on the JIRA task, I can't find the vote option anywhere. 

Screenshot 2020-01-23 at 13.28.42.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Arpita

Votes is on the screen by default - in Classic View, this is in the People section on the right-hand side.

In the New View, voting is not currently possible from the issue page - but vote for the suggestion to add this here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71251

This means voting is not yet accessible for Next-Gen.

Ste

Arpita January 28, 2020

Hi Stephan, 

So even though I am on the default jira project and the voters' option is available I need to opt-out of the new view in order to use it? 
Why is this so complicated? 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2020

Hi @Arpita

At this point yes.

Remember the New View, whilst regularly used, is still classed as a Labs feature. These are still works in progress so do not often have all the features of the current views.

This allows Atlassian to experiment with new ideas and get real-time feedback - but you're free to turn it off if there are features (like this one) you need :)

Ste

Like Arpita likes this
Arpita January 28, 2020

Thanks Stephan!

This definitely helped us :) 

Suggest an answer