Unable to find user's Group in the user managment , even after i have Added in the Group

koushik katta July 14, 2017

Hey Guys ,

I Have issue in User Mangament ,We have new user in Jira our Jira lyncs with LDAP , I have Administration access and trying to add the User into particular Project Group as Jira-Developer  . I can add him into the Group but when i search manually and trying to find the user with that grou its not reflecting(Jira-Developer) only i can see as Jira-user and even he cant perform his tasks in that particular group , I have given all the Jira-Developer access for all the Projects still it's not reflecting . how to Trouble shoot this . Kindly help me in this.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2017

Koushik - are you only reading from the LDAP directory? Have you added the user to the group in LDAP? Are you using any group filter for reading from the LDAP directory? Are other groups from LDAP shown in JIRA?

Cheers

Christoph

koushik katta July 14, 2017

are you only reading from the LDAP directory?

Yes , we are reading From LDAP ,

Have you added the user to the group in LDAP?

User is added in LDAP as JIRA-USER i guess . 

Are you using any group filter for reading from the LDAP directory? 

I dont have group filter to read LDAP directory

Are other groups from LDAP shown in JIRA?

I haven't noticed yet on this.

I think if we add the User through LDAP as JIRA-Developer , might be it will be fixing the issue i guess ! .

Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2017

Guess so, If not please post your ldap configuration in JIRA here and show us that it synced successfully. 

Cheers 

Christoph 

Suggest an answer