Unable to enter end date for sprint, incorrect date format

Matilda Westerdahl October 20, 2019

Hi,

It seems like the end date picker for my sprints isn't working - no matter how I put in the information, even if it's in the format that is suggested, I get a message saying that it's not a valid format. 

I've read previous posts suggesting to go into advanced settings and making sure that the java and javascript date picker formats are the same. It looks like this:

Skärmavbild 2019-10-20 kl. 16.57.18.png

Is this correct? I tried changing it so that they are the same, but then when I click the "Start sprint button", it just keeps loading and nothing happens, so I changed it back to how it was.

What else should I try? 

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Matilda Westerdahl October 28, 2019

Just for information, I was in contact with the Atlassian support and they told me to first change my time zone under personal settings and then try to change the language. This worked, and the problem is now solved!

Thanks for your help, Pavel. 

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2019

Hello Matilda,
Thank you very much for your answer! Interesting procedure for solution :)

Pavel

Henry Auffahrt December 1, 2021

Thanks a lot! This Workaround is still in End 2021 up to date, and works for me and my team!

0 votes
Matilda Westerdahl October 21, 2019

Still not working :( 

Skärmavbild 2019-10-21 kl. 19.27.51.png

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

Hi Matilda,

aha, aha. Thanks a lot for trying out!

I was looking for a problem and it looks like it's due to the Swedish language - Unable to start sprint and pick date through calendar 

Please try change JIRA default language to English.

Pavel

Matilda Westerdahl October 22, 2019

Hi,

It seems indeed that there is something wrong here. It says in the settings that the default language is set to English, but everything is still in Swedish. It flimmers and shows in English for one second and then switches back? 

Skärmavbild 2019-10-22 kl. 19.18.25.png

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 22, 2019

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot. The problem with your Swedish settings will still be with your profile. Please try to change to English:

Click Your profile -> Account settings -> Account preferences

Atlassian_account.png

Pavel

Matilda Westerdahl October 23, 2019

Yes, this one is set to English, and everything in that view is in English... But when I go to back to Jira and the projects it's still in Swedish. 

Skärmbild (1).pngSkärmbild (2).png

Matilda Westerdahl October 23, 2019

I went to check my personal settings and here I see it's set to Swedish. But when I tried to change it to English it wouldn't let me save the changes, I get a message saying that something went wrong: 

Skärmavbild 2019-10-23 kl. 20.58.51.png

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 23, 2019

Hi Matilda,

sorry for my late response. 

Yes, it's very strange. I have found information that Atlassian Cloud is oriented according to the language settings in the Internet browser. So please try to set your web browser to English or try using eg Firefox / Google Chrome / Edge to browse your Jira Cloud. It could help.

Pavel

Matilda Westerdahl October 25, 2019

Hi,

I've tried it now in both Chrome and Safari, with both set to English, but the problem still remains. I still can't switch to English under personal settings and the rest of Jira is in Swedish. 

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2019

Hi,
I am sorry about that. Is look like to a problem with Atlassian Cloud environment. You can try create Atlassian Support ticket hier.

Atlassian support should solve this problem with you - it can verify the problem in your environment.

Pavel

0 votes
Matilda Westerdahl October 21, 2019

Hi Pavel,

I followed your suggestions and it looks like this now (in Swedish but I think you understand anyway)

Skärmavbild 2019-10-21 kl. 18.21.07.png

.... But I still have the same problem: 

Skärmavbild 2019-10-21 kl. 18.25.00.png

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2019

Hi @Matilda Westerdahl,

Looks like you still don't have the date format setting correctly. Please try adjusting the settings as follows:

Screenshot 2019-10-21 at 19.02.30.png 

Pavel

0 votes
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2019

Hi @Matilda Westerdahl,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

To change the date you need to know the following:

In your case:

• dd/MMM/yy h:mm a   means 05/Jun/19 8:50 AM
  • javascript.format have to be   %d/%b/%y  %l:%M %p

Kind Regards

Pavel

Matilda Westerdahl October 20, 2019

Hi Pavel!

Thanks for the reply. I have entered the javascript format like you said, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Could it have to do something with the fact that I'm using it in Swedish (different time zones)?

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2019

Hi Matilda,

Your welcome!

Please try to check Jira's settings -> Look and feel.

Edit_Look_and_Feel_Configuration_-_JIRA.png

Pavel

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2019

And you have to make the same settings for jira.date.picker.javascript.format and jira.date.time.picker.javascript.format - new format:

• jira.date.picker.javascript.format: %d/%b/%y
  • jira.date.time.picker.javascript.format: %d/%b/%y  %l:%M %p

Advanced_Settings_-_JIRA.png

Suggest an answer