Unable to edit project category or components in IE8

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

When trying to edit the project category I get the error messsage -

'The JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down.

Close this dialog and press refresh in your browser'

If I open the link in a new tab I can edit and save the change.

The editing of components just hangs.

Anyone had same issues?

1 answer

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

A few of users ran into a similar issue. The resolution was to have the user clear cookies and cache, and on the server side we purged the caches during a restart.

But yours maybe different, and we would need to have a peak at the server side logs to understand a bit more.

I suggest you try the above first, because it is easy, and if not, recreate the error and pull the logs form that window.

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2013

Tried the clearing of cookies and cache but no good.

Log extract is as follows:

19-Apr-2013 13:53:20 com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent filterFormParameters
WARNING: A servlet POST request, to the URI https://xxxxxxx:xxxx/rest/gadget/1.0/login, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected.
19-Apr-2013 13:53:31 com.sun.jersey.spi.inject.Errors processErrorMessages
WARNING: The following warnings have been detected with resource and/or provider classes:
WARNING: A sub-resource method, public javax.ws.rs.core.Response is.origo.jira.plugin.rest.WorklogsResource.addHoursEmpty(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest) throws java.lang.Exception, with URI template, "/", is treated as a resource method

Suggest an answer