Unable to display reviewer in development page

Wesley Wen September 20, 2018

Hi,

I love the integration of GitHub on Jira. Our teams use smart commit all the time, so our Jira issues always contain the related information. Our policy requires every pull request to be reviewed by at least 1 person. I'd expect to see the reviewer in the development page, but unfortunately it's empty as illustrated in the screenshot. Is this function supported with GitHub?

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 6.52.16 PM.png

Thanks,
Wesley

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2018

Hi Wesley,

Can you please check of the email account of the reviewer from GitHub exists on Jira and have the permissions for comment on issues?
Also, can you check if the pull request on GitHub side has an assignee? If not, reviewer information is not sent to Jira.

Regards,
Angélica

Wesley Wen September 25, 2018

Hi Angélica,

Thank you for the reply. The e-mail addresses associated with the team members are not the company e-mail addresses. So I think that's the reason I can't see the review activity.

It's inconvenient to me. I can't push them to change the e-mail addresses but I want to use that review information to make sure every pull request is properly reviewed. Any workaround here?

Thanks,
Wesley

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2018

Hi Wesley,

The reviewer account must exist on GitHub and Jira and the account must have permission to comment on issues.
Also, the pull request must have an assignee, otherwise the information is not sent to Jira. Adding an assignee should make the visible on Jira side.

Regards,
Angélica

Lindsey Dunphy December 1, 2020

I am having the same issue with Reviewer not showing up.  The email account exists in both Jira and Github.  This person is the highest level of admin and has all permissions.  The user is listed as Reviewer and Assignee in Github, but it doesn't show up in Jira.

Suggest an answer