Unable to display dashboard after upgrading JIRA Gantt-Chart Project plugin

Alexander Afonyashin October 1, 2012

Hi.

After JIRA Gantt-Chart Project plugin was upgraded from version 2.1.9 to 2.1.10 almost all users found they have 'empty' Dashboard page after login. After checking atlassian-jira.log and catalina.out logs I found that there's the exception linked to com.soyatec.jira.plugins.jira-ganttchart-project:gantt_menu () descriptor.

I disabled plugin and JIRA now works as expected.

Is there a way to restore JIRA Gantt-Chart Project plugin functionality?

Best regards,

Alexander Afonyashin

4 answers

0 votes
Yves YANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2012

Have you setup a Gantt's Gadget ? We just test from scratch install of JIRA 5.1.6 with JIRA 2.1.10. We do notice a problem of NullPointerException in Global administration if the license is missing. But we didn't see any issues on Dashboar.

0 votes
Yves YANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2012
0 votes
Alexander Afonyashin October 3, 2012

I got the folloing error in browser window when Gantt plugin is enabled and I tried to open Gantt -> General page.

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2012

Hi Alexander, would you mind I ask what version JIRA running in your end? The problem could cause by un-compatible plugin install in your end. For your information, JIRA Gantt-Chart Project plugin v2.19-2.1.10 only compatible with JIRA 5.1 - 5.1.6. You could search all the version of JIRA Gantt-Chart Project plugin in this pages https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.polscheit.jira.plugins.gantt to compatible with your JIRA instances.

Alexander Afonyashin October 2, 2012

JIRA version is 5.1.2. I upgraded Gannt plugin from version 2.1.9

John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2012

Could you install Gantt version 2.1.10 instead of 2.1.9? Your instance able to support the latest one. Before install, would you mind to remove all Gantt version plugin and reinstall it again?

Alexander Afonyashin October 2, 2012

2.1.10 is already installed and causes JIRA to crash while displaying Dashboard. This not happened with 2.1.9

John Chin
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2012

Could you send me your Support Zip file for us to further investigate? You could refer from this pages to know what is the Support Zip. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Getting+Help#GettingHelp-CreatingaSupportZip

Hi Jonh,

What information do you need exactly? As far I understand full Support Zip file will have logins/db credetntials and other sensitive information. Is it enough to supply part of catalina.out with exception log?

John Chin
Atlassian Team
October 3, 2012

Yes, catalina.out should be enough. I would like to check on the plugin you have install recently.

Here is it. Truncated some information about other plugins version, vendor etc.

P.S. It seems that server not allows large files (~60K). Did the trick - rename file from .txt to .bz2

Suggest an answer