• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Unable to deploy plugin Because of the following exception: com.atlassian.plugin.PluginParseException: Unable to process plugin to generate OSGi manifest

Unable to deploy plugin Because of the following exception: com.atlassian.plugin.PluginParseException: Unable to process plugin to generate OSGi manifest

Sharath T S October 25, 2014

Dear All,

I am getting this error when i create a pulgin (refapp and jira) with a servlet.

below is the error part of log file after running the plugin.

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2014-10-25 20:47:06,872 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Unable to deploy plugin 'com.atlassian.test' from 'Unit: C:\atlassian-plugin-sdk\atlastutorial\----\v1.001.jar (1414249772971)'.
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] 2014-10-25 20:47:06,874 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Because of the following exception:
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] com.atlassian.plugin.PluginParseException: Unable to process plugin to generate OSGi manifest
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.transform.stage.GenerateManifestStage.execute(GenerateManifestStage.java:178)...and so on..

Kindly help as i am a newbie.

Many Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sharath T S January 1, 2015

The above error was caused due to wrong version naming convention in the pom.xml

if i  name it as "v1.0.0" i was getting the above error and when i changed the version to "1.0.0" it worked like a charm without any error!

Suggest an answer