Unable to delete inactive workflow

Bosko Kukanjac May 20, 2014

Hi,

I am unable to delete inactive workflow. I am getting the following exception:

com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: There are more than one draft workflows associated with the workflow named 'Application Development Workflow'

Looking at the exception details, I understand the reason why this is happening, but there is no way I can fix this using "On Demand" instance, as I cannot access database to manually remove leftover draft (we are avare that draft should not be left unused in the system, but that is not the subject of this question).

So, please, can anybody help with this one?

Best, Bosko.

P.S.: Full exception stack trace is attached. (exception.txt)

2 answers

1 vote
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2015
0 votes
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2014

Hi Bosko,

Indeed, workflows in the inactive states can be deleted without a problem. However if you were editing a workflow you first have to publish or discard the draft before deleting the workflow.

Hope this helps?!

Thans for quick answer.

Anyway, option to discard or publish draft makes sense, but entering edit mode of this workflow, there is no option to discard or publish draft, as you can see from attached screenshot.

Thanks, Bosko

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2014

Hi Bosko,

Is it possible that you have a workflow scheme in draft to which the to-delete-workflow is attached? I see this message:

Also, are you working in multiple browser tabs on the same JIRA instance?

Hi Benji,

No. The workflow I am trying to delete is not attached to any workflow scheme.

If it is attached to a workflow scheme, the "Delete" link woulnd't be visible (I am avare that deleting workflow is not allowed if it is assigned to any worfklow scheme).

However, I have tried to add it to a workflow scheme, hoping that this would result in option to discard or publish that "ghost" draft, but no, the result was the same. Once entering edit mode of workflow, there was no option to discard or publish active draft (see previous message screenshot).

As for the multiple tabs, no, I am not, I tried this in single tab, single browser window.

Thanks.

Shiji Kumar November 30, 2014

Anyone found a solution for this?

Suggest an answer