Unable to delete an Issue

Seiji Morita May 31, 2012

In my JIRA project im unable to delete a Issue the Following Message appear.

The problem is that i am the administrator and have full privilege and unable to delete it.

"It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform.

If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators."

3 answers

3 votes
badr kachibal June 11, 2019

the easy way, that worked for me is :

1 -  On the left tab bar, click on Project settings

2 - Click on People

3 - Make sure to add your self as an Administrator.

and Voila! now you can delete anything.

Appswiz August 6, 2019

That was it for me. There were no people in the project. Still this seems strange as I am a global administrator. 

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

Can you check if the issue has any security scheme assigned? Or could you try to assign it to you and then erase?

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2012

Hi,

have a look at the permission scheme of your project. What permissions are there under "delete issue" ?

Best regards

Thomas

Seiji Morita May 31, 2012

Thomas thanks for the feedback. The Settings is as follow:

• Project Role (Administrators)
  • Single User (my user name)

And i am one of the administrators, and im able to delete any of other issues in any project but just that one i couldnt, looks like this issue is blocked some how that even the administrator is unable to delete it

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

Is that issue assigned to someone or marked in progress? Try unassigning the issue and then try deleting again.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2012

are there any error messages in the logs ? Did you check the database integrity ?

Maybe you should ask official Atlassian Support: https://support.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Good Luck

Thomas

Suggest an answer