Unable to delete a project

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Hi,

I migrate my JIRA system to another server in my company. I dump database from one to the other and copy 'data' directory. When in my new server I want in Jira delte a project, I see this error:

Errors

• Exception removing project: Error removing issues: com.atlassian.jira.exception.RemoveException: Attachment path '/dades/atlassian/JIRA/JIRAHome/data/attachments/ATN/ATN-4' is not a directory

Any solution? I reindex my system but doesn't work for me...

Thanks in advance!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Solved.

Steps:

1.- Stop the server.
2.- Delete the
directory 'cache' of JIRAHome. Ç
3.- Lock
and reindex JIRA.

I don't know why solve problem doing this steps because I don't copy 'cache' from the other systema and I
generate indexes again just import the database from the other system ...

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

looks like you may forgot transfering the data directory that holds attachments.

did you follow step by step instructions that were posted in this KB

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+JIRA+to+Another+Server

?

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

I only transfer directory 'data' from other system and dump of database.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2013

Hi Daniel,

does this path exist on your new server ? Is the data directory exactly at the same path as on the old one ?

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2013

Hey there, Daniel.

Can you ensure that you change the owner to the user that is running JIRA? After that, try to remove the project again to see if it helps?

Warm regards,

Danial

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

I don't change the owner that is running JIRA. The new server has a exactly copy of the other.

0 votes
DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

Yes. The path exist in my new server.

Suggest an answer