• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Unable to delete Field Configuration Scheme

I am working on our organization JIRA instance cleanup and while trying to delete a field Configuration scheme I am getting 500-Internal server error 

2 answers

1 vote

@shreya parekh ,

I am taking a look at this one and we will need some additional information from your instance to find the root cause, and It looks like you have already reached out to Atlassian Support and we have started to look into the issue via the support request.

At this point, we would like to request access to the site to duplicate the error.  Please keep an eye on the support request that details the next steps for this:

Regards,
Earl

Hello All,

I wanted to provide some follow up on this case.  After reviewing the affected database, the Field Configuration Schemes the user was trying to delete was associated with an Issue Type that no longer existed in the system, this caused the 500 error on a null reference when trying to delete the scheme.

The fix does require our support team to log into the back end and manually update a reference int he database and after some testing, we were not able to identify the scenario that caused the failure in the association to occur initially so if you run into a similar error please reach out to https://support.atlassian.com so we can take a closer look at the system to help track down the bug and apply the fix.

Regards,
Earl

Like Dave Liao likes this
0 votes
Dave Liao Community Leader Nov 04, 2020

@shreya parekh - hi Shreya, can you confirm if you're a product or site admin for your Jira instance? (I suspect you're either one or the other, or both, since you can see the screen to delete the field config.)

Can you also confirm that the field config scheme isn't associated with any projects?

Hi, @Dave Liao  Yes, I am site admin. 

Like Dave Liao likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you