Unable to create new issues in JIRA Software 7.4.2 since JIRA Service Desk 3.6.2 expired

Support Technique November 7, 2017

Hi everyone,

We are using Jira to track bugs in our company for several years now and lately we evaluated Jira Service Desk to add technical support on existing Jira for our users.

The evaluation period for Service Desk expired yesterday and since then, we are not able to create new issues in Jira (not related to Service Desk). Since creating new issues worked fine before installing Service Desk and during evaluation period of Service Desk, I don't understand why the expiration of evaluation of Service Desk prevent Jira to work as before.

Is there anything we must do to keep using Jira as before (= without Service Desk) and be able to create issues again ?

Thanks in advance for any help !

Gilles

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2017

Hi Gilles,

When an evaluation license expires in Jira, it can be expected to not only break the functionality of that application, but in turn Jira Core.  This is true of Core/Software/Service Desk evaluations.

The evaluation licenses will allow you to have unlimited number of users for that eval, at least until it expires.

If you do not want to use Service Desk any more, I would recommend that you delete the Jira Service Desk license from your system.  You can do this by going to Cog Icon -> Applications -> Versions & Licensing.   Next to the License key for Jira service desk, you can click the Trash can Icon in order to delete the license from your system.  This will leave the service desk projects in place, but removes that license.  In turn this should allow you to create issues in Jira Core/JIra Software projects once more.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Andy

KyleGershman May 22, 2018

Thanks Andy...this solved my problem.  Hopefully you or the OP can mark this as the best answer.

Suggest an answer