Unable to copy workflows while copying project template to test env

Anuradha Yadav December 9, 2020

I have copied the project template from source cloud to test cloud. But the workflows are not seen in test env. Pls suggest.

Regards,

Anuradha

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

Could you explain what you mean by "project template"?  That phrase makes most Jira admins think of the project creation process where we can select a template and have a project built for use from a set of predefined settings.  Whilst that "project template" is useful, it is not something you can copy, because they are built into Jira and handled by type-2 plugins which end-users cannot deploy to Cloud,

Anuradha Yadav December 10, 2020

Yes we have a template and have multiple project built on it. Now we need to copy it to test environment for some testing purpose. Or you can say We are trying to copy a project to another cloud instance. but workflows are not getting copied. please suggest

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2020

Whatever process you are using to "copy a project" is not looking at the workflows (and, I would guess, probably a lot of the rest of the project configuration)

Could you tell us what your current "copy project to another system" process is?

Anuradha Yadav December 10, 2020

Im trying to copy a project from one cloud instance to a test environment.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2020

You've already told us that.  My question is what are you actually doing to "copy project to another system"?

Anuradha Yadav December 11, 2020

i want to copy issues and workflows

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events