Unable to copy value from custom field to 'Watchers' - JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions -

Yoko Yamazaki November 5, 2014

Hello,

When I try to change the status of the issue, the following message is shown and I'm not able to change the status.

"Unable to copy value from 'Fixed By' to 'Watchers'."

Could I set the value to 'watchers' on post functions with the plugin of JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions?
I would like to know whether I can set the value to 'watchers' with this plugin. 

'Fixed by' is our custom field and 'username' is registered in this field. I created a post function with 'Copy Value From Other Field' but the error is shown.

I used Ver2.5.2 of this plugin with the same post function and it worked well.

Best Regards,

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2014

I have a feeling that you can't do this - I assume your "fixed by" field is a user-picker field?  The Watchers field needs it's input to be a list of users, not a single user object, so you will be trying to put an incompatible object into the watchers field.

I've done stuff like this before in code, and what you have to do is extract the single user object from the source, then get the list of users in the target field, add the new user to the list, and post it back into the watcher field.

0 votes
Yoko Yamazaki November 6, 2014

Hi Nic,

Exactly, "fixed by" is user-picker-field. I understood why the error was shown.
Thank you.

Since "Fixed by" is also current user, I will use script post-function(adds the current use as a watcher) instead of copy from "fixed by".

Best Regards,

Suggest an answer