Unable to connect to the server. Refresh the application page

Наталья Шумшурова September 9, 2019

We have Jira server 7.0.10

And from times to times Jira lost user connections.

User have last versions of browsers Mozilla and firefox.

At Jira side gzip on, at nginx gzip off.

Whis trouble appears for few users.

Does it exist any solution on jira side?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2019

Hi

Sorry to hear about this problem.   However when you have a proxy in front of Jira like this it can be difficult to determine if this is a configuration of Jira problem, or proxy, or some combination of both.

When using a proxy with Jira, we tend to recommend turning off the gzip within Jira's admin panel.   When this is on, it has been known to cause problems if you were using an apache module using mod_proxy.   Details in https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-jira-application-options-861253962.html

But that might not solve this problem.  If not, I'd be interested to see if you can try to follow the same diagnostic steps in Error when managing application access in JIRA: The page is out of date, please refresh the page.  The error message there is not exactly the same as yours, but I think that taking a closer look at the browser's console logs will likely tell us more about this problem.   And it also has some steps of How to bypass a Proxy and SSL to test network connectivity this can be useful for trying to isolate the problem source here.

Try these steps and let me know the results.

Andy

Suggest an answer