Unable to configure sumUp

Marc Vander Jeught July 17, 2014

Hello

I downloaded and installed this add-on

However when I click on the configuration menu I end up with this error

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

The link to which this menu points is https://jira.petercam.corp/secure/SumUpViewRule!default.jspa

Is there an error in the link?

Thanks and regards,

Marc

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014

Hey,

yes it would be great if you could download the fix and give me feedback if it works for you. If so, we would provide the new verison on the marketplace

Cheers

Julian

Marc Vander Jeught August 5, 2014

Hi Julian

Thanks a lot!

I downloaded it and installed it successfully.

When I click on the "configuration" item it now redirects me to SumUp-Add-On Configuration page.

I guess it's fine.

Unfortunately I cannot proceed any further as the person in charge with the project that will use the Sumup add-on is on holidays and he did not tell me which Custom fields he would like to use.

Anyway I suggest we close this ticket as the link now works fine.

Thanks a lot for your assistance

Marc

JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and apologize the late feedback again.

We would be happy if you could update your review on the marketplace after your

colleague returns and tests our SumUp AddOn

Marc Vander Jeught August 6, 2014

Hi Julian

I sure will do!

Cheers

Marc Vander Jeught August 26, 2014

Hi Julian

My colleague has returned from holidays.

I configured the 3 custom fields he wants to use but the results are weird... the sum is completeley wrong.

Two of the custom fields are number fields and on is a SIL script field summing the two number fields.

But the results is even wrong with the "regular" number fields.

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks and regards,

Marc Vander Jeught August 27, 2014

Further information as I continue to investigate : Sumup works fine when summing worklog estimates (weeks, days, hours...) but these are "standard" fields.

Could it be there is an issue with "custom fields"?

JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2014

Hey Marc, can you tell me the type of the three custom fields? SumUp should support all custom fields with type "numbered field": Currently we have problems with the IE 9 .. Which browser do you use? Cheers Julian

Marc Vander Jeught September 7, 2014

Hi Julian The type of fields was already described in my question "Two of the custom fields are number fields and on is a SIL script field summing the two number fields." As far ar the browser is concerned we have the same issue using IE and Firefox...

Marc Vander Jeught October 1, 2014

Hi Julian Can we expect any answer on our questions? We are still stuck with this problem...

JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2014

Hi Marc, calculating scripting fields is a big problem for our addOn, because the data is not stored to the index. On the other side, there are several feature requests as yours, so we definitely have it on the roadmap. But we need more time to solve this challenge. Cheers Julian

Marc Vander Jeught October 6, 2014

OK, thanks Julian

0 votes
JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2014

Hey,

this was a very good hint. I've uploaded a jar with a hotfix at https://cp-systems.atlassian.net/browse/SUM-19

Hope this helps

Cheers Julian

Marc Vander Jeught August 5, 2014

Hi Julian

Thanks a lot for the follow-up.

What is the next step for me?

Should I download the hotfix and install it?

Cheers

Marc

0 votes
JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2014

You should log all error msgs

Marc Vander Jeught August 4, 2014

Please note :

1. all our logs are set to minimum WARN

2. another user tried under Chrome and got following error

This web page has a redirect loop

According to him as the error comes from the browser we will not see more in the server logs

Redirection URL :

https://jira.petercam.corp/login.jsp?permissionViolation=true&os_destination=%2Fsecure%2Fadmin%2FSumUpViewRule!default.jspa

3. We use the JIRA admin user

0 votes
JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2014

Sorry I meaned the JIRA log files on your server. These should be at {path/to/your/jira/install/directory}/logs/catalina.out

Hi

Our logs do not show lot of info but logging is almost turned off

What do you want us to log? There are many choices...

Thanks

0 votes
JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2014

Hey,

thank you for the information. I've tested the 0.6.2 and 0.6.3 SumUp with a 6.0.1 JIRA. All configs worked for me. Are there any hints in your log files after clicking the link?

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:

<button id="diagnose"> Diagnose Connection Problems</button>
More information More information<noscript><ID id="moreInformation">More information</ID></noscript>

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

• Internet connectivity has been lost.
  • The website is temporarily unavailable.
  • The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
  • The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
  • There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds:

1. Click the Favorites button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages):

1. Press Alt, click File, and then click Work Offline.
  2. Click the Favorites button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.
0 votes
JulianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2014

Hi Marc,

I'm very sorry about the late feedback - the e-mail is unfortunately perished.

The link seems to be correct. Which JIRA and SumUp version do you have?

Cheers

Julian

Hello

We use JIRA 6.0.1

Sumup is the latest version available I guess. 0.6.3

Our network engineers checked all configurations (on different environments) they are 100% sure the problem is not a network issue.

0 votes
Marc Vander Jeught July 30, 2014

I really need help

I'm stuck...

0 votes
Marc Vander Jeught July 22, 2014

Nobody to help me on that issue?

Suggest an answer