Unable to choose epic link on issues

As of this week, my team has been unable to link new issues to Epics in JIRA Cloud. We haven't altered the Epic Link field in any way, and existing links are still functional. The dropdown box to select an Epic for new issues is just now gone. See image below.

image2015-6-25 16:3:6.png

7 answers

Hi guys, 

Yes, we are aware of this bug. We have already created a bug report regarding this matter: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43962. We found out that this bug seems to be due to some licensing changes made for JIRA 7.0. While we are working on a fix for this, the workaround would be to activate JIRA Agile free trial. To do so, you can visit Cog Icon > Discover New Applications > JIRA Agile Free trial.

If the license expired before we release the fix, please raise a ticket with us at support.atlassian.com so we can work on an extension of the license.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Looks like any fix has now regressed. Cannot select Epic on any of the usual edit fields - only way to do it is to open up the Epics box on the Backlog view, and drag the issue to it.

What an awful experience. The new Jira look and feel is a huge step backwards.

Agreed this is terrible. I can't even figure out how to open this Epics box.. 

Epic link is anyways a locked field so it is not editable. Since your team were seeing it last week it can't be browser issue. I see that since you are not getting any error you are trying to link correct issuetypes. Does your epic still exist ?

We are able to create Epic issues, and our old Epic issues still exists (with their links intact). We just can't alter existing or define new links.

We (my team and I) are having the same problem: can't link issues to epic issues. Did anyone figure out how to solve this?

Same here! I think this is a new bug!

Yes, we're having this same problem, too. Does anyone have a work-around?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,345 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot