Unable to change the owner of a filter

Marc Minten _EVS_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

How can I change the ownership of a filter ???

I am Jira Administrator, but cannot see any "Change Owner" option in the 'cog' to the right of a filter as explained in the doc https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Shared+Filters

Even for my own filters, I cannot change ownership ???

Am I overlooking something ?

Is there any other way to change a filter owned by someone else, (or share the ownership of filters) ???

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

For 5.2 take a look at the documentation for that version: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Managing+Shared+Filters

It's a little bit different than for 6.x

4 votes
Richard Cross February 19, 2017

I know offering paid plugins as a solution isn't what people necessarily want to hear, but ScriptRunner provides a built-in script that allows you to change the owner of a Filter.

Scott Boisvert October 10, 2019

BAH... I completely forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2013

Hi Marc,

Which version of Jira do you use ?

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Marc Minten _EVS_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2013

Thx! Ok look in the wrong version of the doc :-(.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2013

The ownership can only be changed for shared filters. Is it a shared filter?

Marc Minten _EVS_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2013

Yes it is! ("Shared with All Users")

Jira 5.2.7

Suggest an answer