Unable to change the layout of Issues/Search/View Issue screen

Pavel Terakopov May 23, 2013

Hello,

When I go to Issues/Search screen and I pick an issue, a screen shows up. I am trying to change that screen's layout but can't find a way. I have set up a new workflow, screen schema, and screens and they all work (when I click to Create an Issue, it opens my new screen. Wen I click on Edit and Issue, it opens another screen that I created). But no matter what I do when I first click on an issue on the Search screen, it opens a screen that I don't seem to be able to change. Please help.

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2013

adding a custom field is easy as adding them to the screen. if the custom field is populated with data, the field name and the field value will show in the issue. if you're certain that the custom field is populated with data, and it's not showing on the view issue, then you have likely improperly configured your view. step through these instructions carefully to ensure all is well:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Screen

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2013

Exactly as that... You can mark this answer as correct

1 vote
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2013

Hi Pavel, What you are looking at is the View Issue screen.

There are 3 main sections on the left part of the view issue screen. Content displayed within these sections are fixed. You cannot modify them unless you modify the template provided by JIRA.

1. Details

2. Description

3. Activity

You can only modify the content that is displayed between the Details and Description. In Other words, if you are expecting your view issue screen to display fields in the order in which you have created the view issue screen, it is not possible.

Pavel Terakopov May 23, 2013

Thank you for a quick response. I need to add some custom fields to the View Issue screen. I have found a post elsewhere saying that the only way to do that is to manually modify the atlassian-plugin.xml inside of a .jar inside of a .zip file. I found it but have no clue as to what to do next. Could you please explain what is the easiest way to add custom fields to the View Issue screen?

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2013

can you explain what you're trying to change in the layout?

Suggest an answer