Unable to change email address because verification emails are not sent

Brandon Van Buskirk August 28, 2019

My offshore team is unable to change their JIRA email addresses.  They never receive the verification email.

(1) Go to Jira settings.

(2) Change email address to a different company email address. (most people in the company use this email address domain: not the one that the user is currently using).

(3) Message says verification email will be sent, but it never is: not to Spam: not anywhere.

(4) Trigger verification email again from JIRA settings.  Email never received.

2 answers

1 vote
Pankaj Tamrakar January 18, 2021

Hi Petter,

How come only change email address mail do not get deliver and other work ?

We are using gmail services, any solution for that ?

Thanks

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2019

Hello Brandon,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand that once you change the e-mail address of the user to the correct domain (a custom e-mail domain, not public) of your company, the verification e-mail is never arriving. Also, I see by the tags of this question that you are using JIRA Cloud. Is it correct? 

Since you have changed the profiles of the users to an enterprise e-mail domain, I think that maybe the e-mail server or firewall might be blocking the verification e-mail to arrive.

Please, check with the responsible team if the Atlassian Cloud outbound e-mails in the documentation below are properly whitelisted in the E-mail Server and Firewall:

Atlassian Cloud IP ranges and domains

Let me know if the problem happens again once they whitelist the mentioned IP ranges.

Suggest an answer