Unable to change a resolution in a Changement Management

Deleted user March 15, 2018

Ticket on Jira Projects already closed, but the resolution is shown as unresolved.

How do I change this to resolved state? No options available.Resolution.png

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2018

This is long and complex, and something I want to write a proper article on so I can point and wave at it in future.

To spare you the essay and get you a fix, you need to:

1. Amend your workflow so that it sets a resolution on going to "closed" status (either add a transition screen with resolution on it, or post-functions that set it automatically)
  2. Book some quiet time when the users are not around.  You are going to temporarily, but deliberately, mis-configure Jira in a way that will let them damage your data while it is set up, so you really want them inactive.
    1. As @RNV originally suggested, add the resolution field to the edit screen(s)
    2. Go to search and run one for your currently damaged issues.  e.g. "Status = closed and resolution is empty"
    3. Use bulk-edit to set a Resolution on them
    4. Remove the resolution from the edit screens
0 votes
RNV March 15, 2018

deleted!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2018

I was a bit over-grumpy on that one!  Now it's deleted, you can ignore what I said in response!

Thanks @RNV

RNV March 15, 2018

srry: O

No problem :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events