Unable to assign 'Issue Type Scheme' to a project

Chetan Mehta November 28, 2021

Hi,

I created 'Issue Type Scheme' and was trying to associate it to one of the project. But when I attempt to do it, I am trying to associate a project, it's showing me the following message:

No project available to associate. 

Not sure why I am unable to associate the 'Issue Type Scheme' to a project. 

Thanks in advance. 

Chetan Mehta

2 answers

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2021

Hi @Chetan Mehta ,

Welcome to community!

Additionally, you can refer https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Team-managed-projects-articles/Classic-and-next-gen-project-templates-in-Jira-Software-Cloud/ba-p/862404 which talks about differences between Team managed and company managed projects.

Thanks,
Avinash

0 votes
Mohamed Riza _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2021

Hi @Chetan Mehta 

I suspect that you currently have only team managed projects. Team-managed projects are more simplified and do not associate to issue types schemes like company-managed projects. You can verify if you are using team-managed project by looking at the bottom left side of your project:
image.png

If you want to associate a scheme, you will need to create a Company Managed project instead. This is selected during the project creation process. 

Hope that helps. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events