Unable to add field in issue navigator

Dharnesh November 17, 2019

Basically, Trying to export data from jira issues. In this export we are exporting only necessary field. But we are unable to add required Solution Field in issue navigator.

There are more number of custom field with name solution. Due to this search is not showing complete result. As the name is only "Solution" we are not able to refine it further.
NOTE - Neither we are ready to rename the field here.

2019-11-18_12h22_15.png

Please suggest how can i add the required "Solution" Field here...!
I believe needed "Solution" Field is present in below 76 more options...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrej Freeze greenique
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2019

Hello @Dharnesh, this looks like your custom fields have gotten a little out of hand. Nevertheless, you should try to restrict them to certain projects.

A little example here: if you have the field Solution restricted to a project Example Project, you will not be able to see it in the column list of fields, unless you narrow your search down to this project. This could help you out in your situation, with one little down side. It would have to be done for the other fields as well.

If you only seek a temporary fix, try to give the field Solution a translation to a language that is rarely used. Switch to that language with your user profile and search for it in the column section. This will have it set in the column for you, and as soon as you switch back, it will remain present.

Cheers, Andrej

Dharnesh November 18, 2019
Like Andrej Freeze greenique likes this
Andrej Freeze greenique
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2019

I'm glad I could help 😊 

Like Dharnesh likes this

Suggest an answer