Unable to access JIRA after upgrade from JIRA 4.4 to latest released version 5.2.5

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Hello.

I have a similiar problem to this one:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/125263/unable-to-access-jira-after-upgrade-from-jira-4-4-to-latest-released-version-5-2-4-1

Upgraded JIRA from 4.4 to 5.2.5. No errors on upgrade. After installation I cannot access jira. Browser can't display the site.

when I try to launch start_service.bat from command line I get message looking like this:

"The name of the service is incorrect.

You have tried to launch a service that is not configured in this system".

Seems like known problem with JAVA_HOME variable... but I don't have this variable.

When I enter system properties>advanced>environment variables there is no JAVA_HOME in system or user variables.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Have you tried to view configuration in JIRA_INSTALL_DIR/bin/config.bat

There are two variables JRE_HOME and JAVA_HOME try to set them properly.

You may use file JIRA_INSTALL_DIR/bin/setenv.bat to do this.

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Thanks for the hints!

The problem was not the conflict with JAVA_HOME variable. The problem was not having such variable ;)

When I added it, set all the environment variables like you pointed, everything started to work. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer