Unable to Execute any transition in Jira

Renuka Patil September 24, 2012

Our client is not able to do any transition in Jira 4.3.2. Please find the attached screenshot ^unable to execute transition.png for the error. Client is getting same error since 2-3 days.

On their system following Plugins are installed :

1. Behaviours-0.4.7.jar

2. groovy-all-1.7.10.jar

3. groovyrunner-1.7.14.jar

4. jira-enhancer-plugin-2.1.1-SNAPSHOT.jar

5. jira-suite-utilities-1.0.1.jar

6. jfs-1.4.3_43.jar

Following is the log file extract :

{noformat}

2012-09-25 09:28:23,826 http-8081-2 ERROR equest 568x698x1 q5msyq 192.168.50.161 /rest/com.onresolve.jira.plugin.Behaviours/1.0/behaviours/runvalidator.json onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyScriptLoader Class or file does not exist at this location

Sep 25, 2012 9:28:23 AM com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl onException

SEVERE: Internal server error

java.lang.Exception: Class or file does not exist at this location

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)

at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedConstructor.invoke(CachedConstructor.java:77)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.ConstructorSite$ConstructorSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.callConstructor(ConstructorSite.java:102)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callConstructor(AbstractCallSite.java:198)

at com.onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyScriptLoader.getScript(GroovyScriptLoader.groovy:70)

at com.onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyScriptLoader$getScript.call(Unknown Source)

at com.onresolve.jira.groovy.BehaviourManagerImpl$_runValidator_closure5.doCall(BehaviourManagerImpl.groovy:133)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:90)

at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:233)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.ClosureMetaClass.invokeMethod(ClosureMetaClass.java:273)

at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:886)

at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:282)

at groovy.lang.Closure.call(Closure.java:295)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.DefaultGroovyMethods.each(DefaultGroovyMethods.java:1220)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.DefaultGroovyMethods.each(DefaultGroovyMethods.java:1196)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.dgm$116.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PojoMetaMethodSite$PojoMetaMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PojoMetaMethodSite.java:270)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PojoMetaMethodSite.call(PojoMetaMethodSite.java:52)

at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:124)

at com.onresolve.jira.groovy.BehaviourManagerImpl.runValidator(BehaviourManagerImpl.groovy:121)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

{noformat}

Can you please highlight which Plugin is creating the above error? Why that error is coming?

I will try to attach xml backup backup if needed at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards,

Renuka

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012

Disable the behaviours plugin and work out what the problem is with it in a dev/test instance.

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the answer

I have disabled the Behaviour Plugin & Checked, I am able to do the transition. But Our Client need Behaviour Plugin. It is important for them.

Can you please suggest workaround for it ? Is it the compatibility issue?? Which version of Behaviours Plugin should I use for the same?

Thanks & Regards,

Renu

Hi Jamie,

Now I am getting following exception in catalina.out file :-

Sep 25, 2012 11:17:02 AM com.sun.jersey.server.impl.application.WebApplicationImpl onException
SEVERE: Internal server error
com.atlassian.upm.pac.PacClientConnectionException: com.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientHandlerException: java.net.UnknownHostException: plugins.atlassian.com
        at com.atlassian.upm.pac.PacClientImpl.getUpgrades(PacClientImpl.java:96)
        at com.atlassian.upm.rest.resources.UpgradesResource.get(UpgradesResource.java:35)

Can you please tell me why this error is coming & from Where it is coming??

Thanks & Regards,

Renu

Hi Jamie,

Whenever I am disabling Behaviours Plugin, It is working fine. But whenever I am enabling it again I am getting same error as above.

I am not getting why this is happening because on the other test env I am using same version of behaviors plugin there I am not getting such error. On that env. it is working fine.

Can you please explain me what is the problem ?? Why this error is coming??

Thanks & Regards,

Renu

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012

Looks like a problem with one of your validators perhaps. Check them... Is that the latest version of the plugin compatible with your jira version?

Renuka Patil September 25, 2012

Yes it is latest version which is compatible with my Jira. I am using Jira 4.3.2 & Behaviour version is 0.4.7. Actually same version I am using on other test env. for same jira version, It is working fine.

I am not getting what the problem is with behaviours plugin.

Shall I reinstall & check??

Thanks & Regards,

Renu

Renuka Patil September 26, 2012

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the answer!!!

I have reinstalled Behaviours Plugin & deleted all the behaviours & added again. Now I am able to do transitions properly

Suggest an answer