Unable to Drag & Drop items into a sprint

Ananth Godavari November 5, 2015

Hi All,

I have a new installation of JIRA on a windows server (2008 R2) and is configured to work with IIS. Most of the things work but I am unable to drag and drop items from the backlog into a sprint. It gives me "Method not allowed" error. There are other places where the same error occurs as well.

I am posting this here as Attassian wont support my configuration. At this moment though JIRA is installed I am unable to effectively use it.

Not sure what else I could set but any and all help is highly appreciated.

I am logged in as Administrator with full permissions

Atlassian wont support as I used IIS for Proxy. I could not find a way to have tomcat directly serve the pages outside of the server box because all the IPs assigned to the box are being already served by IIS.

FYI.. JIRA is configured as a subdomain

Additional Note: I am able to drag and drop when I use localhost on the server itself.. the issue is only when connecting from outside of the server box.

Thanks
Ananth

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2015

Do you have the right permission to DRAG and DROP items to your Sprint? Check your Roles and Permission if you have it. Reference (https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-resources/jira-agile-faq/what-are-the-permissions-used-in-agile-boards).

Curious, why Attassian wont support your configuration? Are you doing something out of the ordinary? 

Ananth Godavari November 6, 2015

I am logged in as Admin to Jira.. yet it wont let me drag and drop

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2015

I am not talking about being an admin or not, I am talking about the ROLES. Check the link that I just gave you.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2015

As Gabrielle implies - admin does NOT mean you can do everything (that's a terrible approach to permissions and security and it's absolutely right that Atlassian don't do it). Check the permissions on the project (specifically, schedule and edit) and make sure you match the rules that allow you to work with sprints.

Ananth Godavari November 9, 2015

Gabrielle and Nic: the permissions are set right and I am able to drag and drop when I RDP to the server and use localhost:9000 to login to Jira. Jira is configured (or misconfigured I think) to work as jira.somedomain.com so my team can login and use it. my users do not use RDP. This is where the issue of drag and drop occurs. Note: I am performing the drag and drop test using the same username and it works one way (using localhost) and not the other (using subdomain) According to Atlassian its a proxy configuration issue because I am using IIS therefore they wont support it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2015

Right, that makes sense. A bad configuration WILL break all sorts of interesting things - anything more clever than plain simple html is prone to fail. I'd suggest fixing that. Start by choosing what url you want to use JIRA on, set that as the base url, configure IIS correctly to proxy to it, and stop using RDP.

Suggest an answer