Unable to Delete Issue Links

Japan8789 May 7, 2014

Hi Everyone,
I am noticing that as of recent, I am unable to delete links between issues. When I click on the trashcan icon in the UI to delete the Link, I am prompted to confirm my choice but after clicking Delete to confirm, I still see the issue appearing in the Issue Links field of the issue.

Something to note, I noticed this happening after I updated the link name as an Admin. Before it used to say "Issue-1 is a Milestone for Issue-2" it is now updated to read "Issue-1 is Dependent on Issue-2."

I have re-indexed but to no avail. Any suggestions or tips here would be greatly appreciated.

JP

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Japan8789 May 23, 2014

Hey Peter,
Thank you for your response. I realized it was due to my "Structure" JIRA plugin which had its own rules in place to not allow me to remove links via the Issue but through the structure.

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2014

Hi Jason,

Do you get any logging in your jira log file or in the catalina log file?

You can find your jira log file in the log directory of your jira-home directory

You can find your catalina log file in the logs directory of your jira-installation directory.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer