Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Unable to Clone Issues in JIRA

Hi Atlassian Community ,

We are unable to clone issues in JIRA 7.13.18 , the error is as below :

2022-09-13 07:26:46,027-0400 JiraTaskExecutionThread-8 ERROR paraajink 446x1117x1 1ed2rkb 10.207.55.57 /secure/CloneIssueDetails.jspa [c.o.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptBindingsManager] Value: Ajinkya Paradkar (*******) ---
2022-09-13 07:26:46,140-0400 JiraTaskExecutionThread-8 ERROR paraajink 446x1117x1 1ed2rkb 10.207.55.57 /secure/CloneIssueDetails.jspa [c.a.j.bc.issue.DefaultIssueService] com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowException: java.lang.NullPointerException: null value in entry: issue=null
com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowException: java.lang.NullPointerException: null value in entry: issue=null
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:519)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssueObject(DefaultIssueManager.java:608)

The error comes up only when we are trying to clone a JIRA item and not when we create an issue in the same project.

Looking forward to any response.

Thanks,

Ajinkya

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @Ajinkya Paradkar ,

please could you check if, on the destiantion project/issue type workflow there is some validator or post function on creation?

Fabio

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_   , Yes I have checked that. It has clear field value post-functions created using the JSU plugin , which I disabled and also has a validator which I removed and tried , But this does not help.

Also , if there was an issue with Validators or post-functions , this should have been a problem while creating issues. But this is not the case , the error comes up only when we try to clone a Jira Item.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events