Unable to Clone Issues in JIRA

Ajinkya Paradkar September 13, 2022

Hi Atlassian Community ,

We are unable to clone issues in JIRA 7.13.18 , the error is as below :

2022-09-13 07:26:46,027-0400 JiraTaskExecutionThread-8 ERROR paraajink 446x1117x1 1ed2rkb 10.207.55.57 /secure/CloneIssueDetails.jspa [c.o.scriptrunner.runner.ScriptBindingsManager] Value: Ajinkya Paradkar (*******) ---
2022-09-13 07:26:46,140-0400 JiraTaskExecutionThread-8 ERROR paraajink 446x1117x1 1ed2rkb 10.207.55.57 /secure/CloneIssueDetails.jspa [c.a.j.bc.issue.DefaultIssueService] com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowException: java.lang.NullPointerException: null value in entry: issue=null
com.atlassian.jira.exception.CreateException: com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowException: java.lang.NullPointerException: null value in entry: issue=null
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:519)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssueObject(DefaultIssueManager.java:608)

The error comes up only when we are trying to clone a JIRA item and not when we create an issue in the same project.

Looking forward to any response.

Thanks,

Ajinkya

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2022

Hi @Ajinkya Paradkar ,

please could you check if, on the destiantion project/issue type workflow there is some validator or post function on creation?

Fabio

Ajinkya Paradkar September 13, 2022

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_   , Yes I have checked that. It has clear field value post-functions created using the JSU plugin , which I disabled and also has a validator which I removed and tried , But this does not help.

Also , if there was an issue with Validators or post-functions , this should have been a problem while creating issues. But this is not the case , the error comes up only when we try to clone a Jira Item.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events