Unable to Add groups to custom field,

Stephen Cunningham May 13, 2014

Hello

I was wondering could you help with the following.

One of my colleagues who is set as a site-admin user is attempting to add groups to the custom field he created, when creating an issue. However the 'padlock' icon is showing. I can add the groups to a custom field without the padlock restriction showing.

Have you any idea why this might be? Is there a permission he needs, or some other reason?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2014

That sounds like you have the Quisapps field security plugin installed. You'll need to read the security schemes for that to establish what groups or roles your user needs adding to.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2014

Look under Admin -> Addons.

A padlock next to a field is not a native Jira option. I don't think there's any link to Confluence here, but without knowing where that padlock is coming from, I can't really be too sure.

Hi Nic

I received your email, thanks.

I dont think I do have the quisapps security plugin installed. Can you tell me where I could find out for confirmation whether I do have the plugin installed or not?

Does the user need to have access to Confluence?

Suggest an answer